The Butler family from Florida recently experienced a major tragedy. They were all fast asleep when their house caught fire. The entire family failed to wake up to the fire alarm that shut down after a couple of beeps.
Fortunately for the Butler family, they had an angel in the house. It was their Jack Russel Terrier named Zippy. The dog quickly realized how dangerous the situation was.
Zippy ran around the house and made all the noises he could muster. He wanted to wake up his entire family so they could all be saved. When that did not work, Zippy braved the fire to alert his beloved humans.
The entire Butler family woke up. They managed to escape from the burning house. It was too late when the family’s patriarch, Leroy Butler, realized that Zippy was left inside the house caught on fire.
Leroy tried to brave the fire and find Zippy. But he could no longer get past the massive flames. He had no choice but to wait for the fire brigade to put out the fire.
Leroy went back into the house as soon as he could. He found Zippy unconscious. The smoke had already suffocated the dog.
It’s still unclear what had started the fire. However, the firefighters are sure that it started in the attic. The Butler home suffered major damages due to the fire.
The Butler family was saddened by what happened to their house. But they were even more heartbroken with what happened to Zippy. The dog had been with them for four years.
Zippy was a rescue dog. He’d always been a jolly and helpful. The entire Butler family would miss him so.
According to Leroy, he recognizes the irony of the incident. All the while they thought they were the ones who rescued Zippy. As it turned out, the dog was destined to be their rescuer.
Thanks to Eyewitness News WTVO WQRF